As of February 24, 2020, there have been no confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Dallas County and the health risk to the general public remains low. DCHHS is working closely with regional partners to prevent the spread of coronavirus to Dallas County, including public health monitoring of travelers screened at international airports, outreach and educational efforts to local hospitals and health care providers, educational institutions, and many other local partners.
DCHHS will continue to provide updates and work with local healthcare providers to monitor this novel coronavirus. Dallas County residents, students, workers, and visitors should continue to engage in their regular activities and practice good personal hygiene as this is the height of flu season across the County.
The following preventive measures should be taken to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- -Stay home when you are sick.
- -Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- -Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- -Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- -Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- -Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).